Saturday, June 11, 2011

Boilin' and the Happiest Place on Earth!

I love this picture, but he doesn't. This picture starts off the day of magical adventures!

     We dropped off our aunt and grandma to take the Viet Bus services to go back home. We tried hard to get them to stay a little longer since they already sat through such a long car ride, but after many attempts... they still decided to go home. It was pretty cool that they decided to come with us in the first place. It was nice to see our whole family together on a little vacation like that. And they got to see places in so cal they have never seen before. They said they would come back down next time when there is more time, hopefully they will!

     After going back to the apartment to pick up the little one, we went back to the Viet area of Garden Grove to go to the first ever BOILING CRAB!!! (next city over from where we were yesterday) We got 4 pounds of shrimp and an order of cajun and sweet potato fries. The sweet potats are BOMB! Me pops liked em a lot as well.



     At many restaurants, my siblings and I have a tendency to mess with the food once we finish eating. After asking for a bunch of limes to wash our hands and flavor the food, we stuffed them all into this here bottle. Then Jon put the shrimp of the heads on all his fingertips. Was a delicious meal! 4 pounds was perfect, it was just right and left us wanting more for next time!





     My mom loves to pop white heads when she sees them, especially my dads. Too bad this picture doesn't capture the redness of my dad's face. haha. From the small bottle of alcohol + major pinchage from the mother. We went to get some dessert after.



     Here we are on the way to DISNEYLAND!!! I think this was the first time all 5 of us have gone together! My dad usually has work and can't take off so many days but he made an exception for Jon's birthday. So we decided to do as many things together as possible.

     These tickets that we used were actually FREE! The 4 of us went during the Christmas season and waited to see the holiday fireworks, but it was too windy so they got cancelled. We went to Guest relations to share our frustration and they gave us 4 half day passes to come back! Disneyland is the best!!! So we used those tickets and Jon had a season pass.


Toy Story Mania is one of my favorite rides, but the line is always treacherously long. I think it's worth it though because the ride is decently length-ed. I played against the Benson. He was beating me the whole time in all the little minigames, and I thought... what in the world is going on?! But there is that stage at the very end where you just fire as much as you can... and he just got too tired and I barely won. haha. He will beat me next time though, I just know it.




     I like this picture a lot! :D My mom loves to match every time we go to places like this. We've been doing it since we were young. I guess it's kind of cute. And I think I probably will want it too when/if I have a family. tehe. Oh! And I bought those Disney shirts last summer for $5 online last summer in hopes to go to Disney! I've used them twice so far.





     So funny! My dad is actually very scared of this ride. The first time he went with my mom (we were riding Grizzly) my mom said he gripped the handles and closed his eyes the whole time! ahahhaa! My lil bro and I made sure he opened them this time around. He got scared and squeezed our hands during the fireworks POP though. Our thrill levels are very different, but that def makes it fun.




     World of Color is always magical and spectacular. Disney has a way of stirring up warm fuzzies inside of you. This part was new and was definitely a nice break from the mist storm that was hitting us.

     World of Color is also cool because they can edit parts of it to promote different movies they are about to put out. The addition of this Pirate scene was awesome! I thought the TRON part was cool in the winter, but this was better! Jon had a poncho because he comes here so much. But the rest of us got plastic garbage bags from his appt and ripped holes in them. Worked just as well!




     Mwahahahhahaha!!! We somehow got my dad to ride this. He rode Splash Mtn before World of Color and that was pretty priceless. We were really upset that the pictures weren't working, which never happens. We make fun of our dad for having such bad luck sometimes. 

     We got a picture of Space Mtn though! It was the last ride for the night and I am so shocked he went on. He complains of back problems so I didn't want anything to happen to him. But he got through it and we all laughed so hard during the ride! He was so freaked out and screaming (until he did not have enough air) but he survived!!! The picture was so good that Ben decided to buy it and give it to him for fathers day. I just LOL when I see it.




     By the time we finished Space Mtn, the park was closed and most people already went to the exit... therefore the castle was free! It's almost impossible to take a nice picture with it in the day time. We bumped into this other couple who were trying to snap some shots, but they had the DSLR. I helped them take some and they took some for us back. Very nice college couple who goes to UCLA. They later emailed them to me. I hope to get one of those cameras one day, but this little digi-cam will do for now.



MY FAVORITE PICTURE!

     I told them to pose and this turned out to be quite a cute picture!

A happy camper!



     We ate at BCD Tofu house (open 24 Hours) afterwards. It was the first time for my 'rents and Ben. It was already 2 am and so many people came in after us!

     It was a really good day. Definitely one for the record books. For a Half Day, we got to do a lot. We also watched Fantasmic! But for some reason there was no dragon this time so Ben was a little disappointed. We also watched the fireworks from Splash mountain. We got really good seats before and after the drop. Disney is theeee best!

No comments:

Post a Comment