Sunday, June 12, 2011

Newport Beach and Puppies (Part 1)

     This is Day 3 on our SoCal Graduation/Vacation getaway. We start it off by eating about a dozen baluts! It's a bit inhumane, but it is sooooo good! The lil bro loves it. I especially like the soup in the egg and the greens (herng fah choe).

MmmmMMmm... baluts!




     We later drive to Newport Beach and do a number of activities like baseball, frisbee, football and play in the water. This beach is only like a 10-15 min drive from my brother's apartment and the parking is so easy to find! I'm a little jealous. The weather was really nice and the beach environment just makes me jolly inside. I LOVE THE BEACH! I didn't have my bathing suit so I didn't get to go in the water, but it was still an enjoyable outing. 




     We saw a bunch of what we thought were shells on the floor, we later discovered them to be clams! Mini clams!!! My cruel older brother just collected a bunch of them and opened them all up... aka... killing them. 







     My mom wanted to take some pictures with my dad. Jon started throwing a bunch of clams at her at pretty high speeds (she found bruises later) and Ben followed by throwing seaweed.





     I was just sitting down and relaxing and Jon, who cannot throw a frisbee straight, threw it straight to my forehead. I needed revenge and chased him down to throw a football at him. LOL. And I thought the picture after with me and the football is pretty funny. What a failed attempt.





     Since my brothers were away in the water playing frisbee, I was able to get some shots of my parents. These 2 were my favorite of the batch. My parents are pretty cute, huh? hehe. My mom said that my dad used to be so shy that he would not hold her hand in public. But times have changed. Yay! :D
  



     My dad has been waiting a long time to go to this Pet Store in the Irvine Spectrum Mall. They give 2 areas where they let people play with their dogs. They were closing, but I told the workers my dad came a long way for this and they allowed him to have 5 minutes. We chose these 2 cute looking Boston Terrior pups, but they turned out to be demons with razor sharp teeth! The other puppies were really cute too!





     We walked through Target after and we laughed at how my dad and little brother shopped the same... taking longgggg breaks to stare and examine things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment