Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Devo Time and the Growing Workout Crew

Did some devos today, continuing on Ephesians. More motivated since Pastor Mondi shared at PM yesterday about finding that quiet place in a day... amongst all the business and chaos... to just retreat away and spend time with God. It was in reference to Luke 5:12-16.

I read a short section on Eph 5:1-21. I really like this book. These letters from Paul: Gal, Eph, Phil, and Col are all really applicable. So it's a nice read. 

Anywhoo, at PM we shared about our recent struggles and fights with sin and temptation and we prayed about it. This is def more than coincidence that I happen to read this section at this time... it helps tremendously in what I've been having trouble with. It just comes to show that God listens and answers prayers when necessary. 

 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loves us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (5:1-2)

"For you were once in darkness, but now you are the light in the Lord. Live as children of light and find out what pleases the Lord." (v 8-10)

"Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (v 17-18)

"Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." (v 21)

Those were some of many of the verses that stuck out to me... sometimes i feel like everything sounds so good that I want to highlight everything in my Bible... but that would be pointless.

Doing devotionals is so refreshing. I was pretty disappointed in myself that I was so lazy in doing them during break... but I suppose it's never too late to start.! I usually always postpone it to later.. and later becomes a time that I get too tired and end up not doing it. But when you just drop everything else to do it... it's nice. Another struggle I been having. Hopefully I can continue this. Like the ARC. I actually feel sore today, yay!

So maybe this can be an encouragement for those who are feeling lazy to do them... if I can do it, then so can you! F'realz


----

My abdomen area is really feeling the soreness... finally! I have CMN 3 tomorrow morning at 8 so I was really about to not go to the ARC. In the end, I said I will bring my work and look over notes after I get a run in... we all know how that's going to turn out...

There were so many people there tonight! That makes it a lot easier to workout. After running a mile, did that incline machine for another mile and headed to the pavilion because we ran into Adora and Eunice. Then saw Carlos and Matt and played some BB with them... Julie joined later on. It was fun playing with old friends. IM season is coming up and I have a lot to work on for BB... eeeeks. Our women's team is looking pretty good though! Stokedddd!

Did a little photoshoot on the BB floor and then headed to the now-free badminton courts... the crew was rushing to catch late night because Prince Edward joined us tonight and wanted to swipe people in... but I was in such an exercise high that I stayed back to play more badminton. Jordan and Jenn stayed back with me and we got to hit around a lot. Both are already getting much better and stronger! The magic of practice :)

Yeah, leaving the ARC at 1130 was a fail. There was just so many people around and so many sports to play! I miss the competitive and exercising outlet that lacrosse used to provide for me... so I really could not resist all the cues tonight. We've got a good system going on here. T'was a good night! Not to mention there was really good music in the car ride home, that's always a plus!

Yeah, sorry for all the text recently... just want to recap my day and post pics when I have time. Hope you don't mind. This is what I used to write on my calendars/journals each night, but I suppose now it's on the internet.

*sighhh*... the second week of the quarter is already almost over... I'm going to miss undergrad so much. Especially the people that I have been surrounded with. God has really blessed me with them...

-------

Went over to Ed's in the morning to borrow his longboard and chat with him. Haven't done that in awhile, good man Edward!



daily routine

pipecleaners!

hello old pal substitute!


noob.


jk

cool!


minerva's SG over for dinner! Missing Christine!







A fun and fulfilling night at the ARC!




who are those in the back?

oh here they are!




Dang, check these out!!!






lol. the secret.



Taking over the Pavilion floor!







it's expanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment