Saturday, August 6, 2011

BBQ Galore and Karaoke!

Today was a pretty hectic day. I was planning to CalTrain to the SJ area and visit Rebecca, but my mother asked me to go with her to some of her old friends' BBQ reunion in Fremont. So being the good daughter that I am (ha, jk) I went with her. The father of that house is very crafty and did a lot of designs in the house that are pretty nifty. He also loves ping pong but nobody plays with him, so he basically has an unused table... boo. I played with my mother for a bit (who is surprisingly good at racket sports since she is pretty ridic in other things) and she's pretty good! After playing with the dad, we rushed over to go to the Taiwan BBQ Reunion at Monica's house in Los Altos.

Progress with the Puzzle


Brunch made by the mother

I love garlic and noodles

San Mateo Bridge


Fremont has nice houses

Arrived

BBQ Round #1

Everything was made just right.
So juicy and delicious.
I want to learn how to marinade & BBQ


The mom got this as a gift from a friend...

They get some crazy gifts

Choker when it counts

Designed by the dad. Made holes in the walls for Zodiac coins

So cutesy! Mini lil' togo Keg

My fav lil Olympic guys from Beijing

Ping Pong rocks!

Haam Daan. looks like a salty egg

Mother is ping pong master!

Mother's friends

Facing the Pops

Surprised I liked ping pong since he said most
ABCs don't play such sports





After some good ping pong rallies, I had to cut it short so that I can make it to the BBQ at Monica's. Off to Los Altos!

BBQ Round #2!!! SUCH GOOD FOOD!
That korean kalbi was so juicy!
MMmMMMm!! And the brushetta!
Hi Canaan peoples!!! Always nice seeing them again
Made by Eve. Crunchy PB top.

They know how to eat

For Jennifoh!

Painted by Betty! So gooood!
Creative pic decorations by Betty

hehehehe! Mon and the middle part. Makin it look good!

Cute painting by Monica

This pic is worthy to be the ones given in frames

Human looking dog

Watching clips and slideshows together


NEWLY LICENSED & DRIVING! *evil glare* haha 
Last house stop for the night. Jeff's Going Away BBQ at his house, also in Los Altos. It was like 10 min away from Monica's but the GPS kept bringing us in circles, so we went a little longer. The Taiwan team just can't seem to get enough of each other ;D




oh my.

Mingling!

Final farewell til next time to Jeff from the Canaan kids

:'(

Glad to have gotten to know you!

You too! I want to see you in eating contest

:'( Byyeeeeeee
Didn't to tak pics of the food here, but seeing some Davis faces was cool! It was basically just a reunion between our class and Jeff's class
They think they're cute.


Always beautiful



We love our FF leaders!

And they love him. A little too much. haha.





Birthday boy on the right





Group Pic!! 





At Gamba Karaoke! We kind of just arranged it so that it can celebrate Riley's 21st birthday and also for our class to get one more chance, with most of us together, to hang out with Jeff. And he loves karaoking and dancing. Here is a 2 in 1. It's def no HK Karaoke bar, but it is definitely the people who are the main contributors to whether it is going to be a night of fun singing or not. Thanks for a great time! Hope you all enjoyed it too. It was a fast 2 hours. "I've got a Feeling" at the end was pretty crazy. No more voice! WAHOOO!




iPADS to search for the songs! Pretty convenient

Just a lyric vid. Oh well.


oh geez.

We kicked all the tables outside so we can have some room





Knock You Down- Keri Hilson



We're going to miss you Jeff! Thanks for watching out for us
all these years! Much appreciated.
Decently Priced
Back to the house and a little hungry. All else was closed.

Tiff driving me homeeee!!! It was a nice smooth ride.
What I tell you, wasn't it a crazy day? I don't know when I will see the Canaan people again, but I can't wait for that day. The Davis team and them really started to bond with them at Jiayi through Taipei. It was great! We love all the people from their church and hope to serve together again in the future!

Farewells are always tough. Ew. Gross as it is to admit, I'm pretty sure we are all going to miss the Jester Jeffrey very much. Study hard in dental school, then you will get to play harder once you're done with all that schooling stuff. Asia was def more fun with that immature man-child. ahaha. jk. But seriously. Life of the party and definitely irreplaceable. Thanks for your rides and generosity! And making Taiwan Missions and my HK Experience one that I will never forget! MMmmmMM! Look forward to those Philly Cheese Steaks! My fav! Extra mushrooms *drooool*

No comments:

Post a Comment