Friday, October 7, 2011

Dinner with a Stranger and Scavenger Hunt

Oh I forgot to mention! Yesterday during lab, I got a pretty unbelievable phone call. It was the IM sports office. Riley was luckily able to get us a slot for IM football while I signed up for frisbee and volleyball, but we really wanted Sunday. I put in a wait list request just for the heck of it, thinking that it would be the most absurd thing for someone to drop such a precious time slot.

However, someone did! I couldn't believe it! Seee! Little things like this drop hints for me to see that God will provide, in any circumstance. Shannon especially wanted to play, and I wanted her to play too. Now that we got the game back to Sunday, her along with a handful of others can play with us too. It's also so much more convenient with parking and the rest of the IMs to warm us up. Yay! Interfellowship Football time! Holla! ahahah.

GAH! I was so happy with this switch. God is great! All the time! Thanks again, Godskii!

Went to a semi mandatory meeting for EXB 104L. I did horrible in the lab write up that I stayed up for. I did not really know what I was doing, so I guess I deserved that score.

Finished "Dinner with a Perfect Stranger"at work. I really liked this book (Thanks for letting me borrow, Jenn!) It was a really good book. I wanted to write about it right after I finished it, but there were hungry people and visitors, so I ate instead.

Let's see what I can remember. I just thought it was a real easy read. Short, fun, and to the point. Just how I like it. It followed a dinner scene throughout the whole course answering question and doubts about Christianity. Like why it has proven time and time again to be the only TRUE religion compared to the rest. How it is the most simple religion and all we have to do is accept this amazing gift.

Some of the points that stood out to me were these:

"It's not a matter of further evidence," he continued. "People have all the evidence they need. It's a matter of the heart. Do they want to trust God and humbly receive the gift he offers, or do they insist on proving themselves good enough and doing it their own way?"


"You're bored, Nick. You were made for more than this. You're worried about God stealing your fun, but you've got it backward. You're like a kid who doesn't want to leave for Disney World because he's having fun making mud pies by the curb. He doesn't realize that what's being offered is so much better. There's no adventure like being joined to the Creator of the universe." 

The book ended with this verse from Revelation 3:20-

"Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with me."

I want to read the sequel now! 

Then I ate with cool people at the Taste of Thai. Unlimited Thai Iced tea. Oh yeah!

Compass Scavenger Hunt later on in the night created by Seaton! WoooHOoooOo!


OOps. I fell asleep on Tiff's bed so she slept in mine. haha.


So cold, needed to bust out winter gear already to bike














rock star










Strange happenings...





happy riley




visiting sick shannon! Hope you felt better!

No comments:

Post a Comment