Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Special Deliveries!

During the football game sunday night, I noticed that my arms were getting itchy... but I didn't expect them to turn into this! GAH! Something about these davis bites make me swell and itch like crazy!

My arms are nice and fat so I can see why the buggies like it. I would like it too!

These smart buggies bit at strategic spots, making me look rather BUFF! mwaahahha. I thought I looked pretty ripped, and because I know that this would only be temporary... pictures were in order!








Microbiology lab with antibiotic testing. I have one of the handiest lab partners. She always shows up early and gets all the preparations done. I need to step it up. And learn to do those things by myself too.

Another thing was that when it came to sitting next to lab partners, I was one of the last ones that day and the seat next to my current lab partner was the only one available. From my first impressions of when I saw her.. I was like, uh ohhh... she looks like she is the rebel and unstudious types... why meee?! 

But just from after the first lab, my judgmental thoughts were completely MODED! She was awesome. And other people missed out with her as a lab partner.
This once again reminds me that I need to stop with those kinds of thoughts. I don't remember if I've talked about her in a previous post, but just blogging about this now is reminding me of some things I need to change about myself.

My lab partner is also MARRIED and has a BABY coming! She's totally legit though. She is a bit older than normal 4th years and she said she is the last of her friends to have kids. Yowsers! The difference in cultures... (she's white). Wait... is that a judgmental statement? haha. I dont know... :P I'm not saying those things as a bad thing though. sigh.. I dunno. I'm rambling. Stop it tiff. I just like typing on these Hart Mac keyboards :)





SUBWAYSSSS!!! Yeah, I call it subwayS. Jenn doesn't like that, but I can't help it. I really should count and tally all the times I ate it this month. I think I took pics every time. haha. Still not sick of it though! 

It's fun eating it with her because she gives me all the things that she doesn't want... which is almost EVERYTHING! ahaha. Lucky me! But I wish she would just eat them sometimes, they are so yummy!



Guess which side is mine?

extra OLIVES please!

I BE SO BUFF! RAWR!

Prayer --> Core meeting

We had a Core meeting after PM to discuss all the things we still needed for retreat. There was A LOT! lol. We were all pretty stressed this week with all the preparations and everything. But because I am writing this from the future, it is safe to say that once again... God provides, and all the worry that we do doesn't matter in the end because He will help us through it.

After those meetings, we had some CARE PACKAGES to deliver! Wohooo! Helpful drivers came to meet us downstairs with other delievery mates and I sent people off to different locations of Davis to deliver the goods.
For some reason, Jenn, Kevin and I were left... yes. the 3 stooges. We went to deliver to the Cuarto and Primero Grove people.

So Cuarto we go first and we visit David, Cynthia and Brandon! It was such a nice sight to see them in their dorms and stuff. They seemed like they were happy. I hope that they actually were. We stayed for a good 30 min or so just chatting with them, then we dropped off Cynthia.





Next stop: Primero Grove to Henry's place. His twin bro, Jimmy was also there! We stayed and talked with them for a good amount too. Henry isn't a Christian but he has really been willing to come out to a lot of Compass events and always has a cheerful mood when he is around us. It's actually quite exciting to see his enthusiasm toward Compass and the people in it! :)

Jimmy doesn't usually come out, but he says that he will be coming out to broomball! WEEE! YAY!

We take a twin picture... i'm not sure if they really believe us. haha. But don't you think Kevin and I can pass as twins? Personality-ish too in some aspects. But he is def a lot more extreme in many ways. haha. But it was also a good time chatting with these 2 bros.





Last stop for the night: Winnie and Susanne's place!

Winnie is in my SG this year and I am really stoked to get to know her better this year. This trip was cool because Jenn, Kevin and I all got to visit at least one person in our sg. yay!

So we enter their gorgeous apartment and chat with them. Winnie had a cool tissue box that we posed with. haha. 










LOVE. but i failed in the L.



Oh. One last last stop for the night... the girls of Oakshade! They were randomly doing their hair together. How cute! I remember the first time meeting them when Minerva's parents made Viet food for us and they came over to our appt. I didn't have the best impressions and thought they were kinda mean when they were at our apartment. But after they came out to play football with us and getting to know them better through that, once again, my thoughts deceive me. They are some nice and cool girls! I want to play more sports with them! It's a pretty fun feeling for me when other girls express excitement and skill when it comes to playing active things. Weeeee! Enjoy your goodies!





Organizing and finding people to help can get pretty stressful, but after the deliveries tonight.. although it was kind of tiring, seeing the looks and smiles on the recipients faces make it all worth it. For real.
"Let each of you look not only yo his own interests, but also to the interest of others." -Philippians 2:4

"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." -Galations 6:10


I pray that the care packages were able to help the people feel loved and cared for in the body of Christ and that they are always welcomed to come back out to find a place of a loving community.

No comments:

Post a Comment