Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sick... Again?!

Came back to Davis early from Thanksgiving. I felt really bad for having to leave my little brother, but then every one else was coming back too late the next day and I have a lot of studying to catch up on.

And I noticed I was starting to feel a little sick. I went to sleep last night feeling iffy, and then I try waking up for church but felt even worse than I did last night. I just got sick during retreat, I dunno how I'm sick again. Booga wooga.

Minerva wasn't feeling too hot either and we were moaning and groaning trying to get up this morning but it was a fail. We heard someone open our door, then later see that it's Shannon- our door was unlocked! She was our driver and heard that we were sick so she came over to bring us seaweed soup. Thanks Shannon!

Since we missed church, Minerva and I decide to do devos together. She is reading Numbers and I'm continuing Ephesians. I just wanted to type out some of the things that stuck out to me.


+I read from half of chapter 1 and chapter 2. I like how Ephesians is so encouraging and also such a good re-establisher of faith kind of book.
          ~Thanksgiving and Prayer
                 -How if you really want to get to know someone, spending time with them is the best way.


          ~Made Alive in Christ 
                 -"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ       even when we were dead in transgressions-- it it by grace that you have been saved." (2:4-5)


          ~One in Christ
                 -"But now in Christ Jesus you were once far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." (2:13)
                 -"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizen's with God's people and members of God's household." (2:19)
                 -It's pretty awesome how God's love and grace can break all barriers. It mentioned how the Jews and Gentiles were not getting along because of the difference in their exposure to God, but then none of that matters to people who believe.


After staying inside for the morning, here is the happenings for the rest of the day:

Ellen and Shannon go on shooting date. Pics, that is... not peoples. And a night of attempting to study.






awwwwww. too cool.

awww... like teacher, like student



free stuff on the plane, thanks jennifer!

reading more of Ephesians

they had this on the last mile of the NWM...
I didn't want to lose any more time so i just ran right by it and didn't get to try,
but then Jennifoh gets me a whole bag!
Thankssssss! It was as good as they said it was. yummmm!

girls love chocolate! or most of them at least.

rawrrrr

more rawr-age

so nice to have veggies in davis. it's rare.

biggest choys ever. thanks minerve!

ox tail soup!

chef

yummmmm. thanks!

dinna time!

No comments:

Post a Comment