Sunday, September 11, 2011

NFL Sunday and 9/11 Ten Year Anniversary!

~9/11/01 10 Year Anniversary~
I remember it was was my first week of middle school, we were watching the tv and eating breakfast when it all happened. Watching the planes crash into the towers in slow motion did not hit me like it should have the first time. I was still a bit confused as to what was going on. At school, they kept replaying it. The more time went on, the more I started to realize the impact this attack would have on our country for years to come...

10 years later, they built a memorial at ground zero --> http://www.911memorial.org/

In Sunday school, we were discussing who God is and what He means to us. Today in particular, I chose to see God always LOVES, but especially more so in times of suffering. Something like that. It's hard for us to really really experience what the people in NY feel, but one can sympathize. God takes these situations and uses us to reach out to those who are desperate, but why not always try and reach out so we don't need so many deaths to get us to do so? Just a reminder to self to constantly be a witness no matter how comfortable life may get. Also to continue praying for those who lost everything 10 years ago.

Church service to jump start the Sunday. Pastor Jonathan gives shorter sermons than most pastors, so it is honestly easier to pay attention to. So I like it. Aha. 

We went over Genesis 22:1-18... the story of how God tests Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac, who Papa Abe waited 100 years to have! Good grief! He waited that long and still followed God's request when asked to sacrifice his long-awaited and precious son. God saw that he passed the test and said, "...and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." (v18) The Message was:  Surrender. Are we willing to give up what we value most if God asks and have faith that He will give us something so much greater in the end? This is something I currently have to ask myself.





Say bye bye to some of the seniors of SBCC as they venture off to college. I pray that God will lead them to look for a fellowship and maintain a relationship with Him. So many distractions and so many options to spend your time on, I hope they make good ones...


ElizaBEAST!

Chill college sunday school



Free lunch today because Henry got married, yummmy foood!








OMG!!! The start of 2011-12 NFL SEASONNNNN!!! Wooohoooo!!! I would have been so disappointed if the strike cancelled Sunday footballs, but it didn't! So let the games begin! I don't even know why I get so into it, maybe it's because I have been watching it with my dad since I was little and it just kinda stuck with me. One of my many boy-ish traits that I just can't seem to get a rid of.

Football season does have its downfall though... father didn't come to church with us this morning because the season started. He has been coming all the previous Sundays tho, so we are def thankful for that. Once FB season starts, it sucks a lot of time and is a huuuuge distraction for him. Kinda hurts the fam a bit, so it would be kind of nice if he didn't get so involved with the point betting thing. Boo.


Akers, our star player!

Opening day kickoff!!!! AHHHHHHH!

Free lunch

Dependable Davis!

You keep coming back, please show us why we still have
and pay so much for you...


Wants to come in, too cute...

It's fun to have nails done!

49ers beat the Seahawks! (33-17) Ted Ginn Jr got 2 Special teams back to back TDs to seal the deal. It was so spectacular!
 I don't even know if we should just lose the season and get a good draft or try to win. But at this rate, we really don't look like we have a strong enough offense.

We got to Party City after. Benson is HUGE on festivities...




Pretty colored cups!


Honey Mustard onion... theee best!

We go out to eat in downtown Millbrae with Guma and MaaMaa and bump into my uncle and the kids! Too cute!









Thanks for treating guma!

She doesnt like to smile...

Trying

My brother hates it when I take so many pictures, so he took the camera for himself...






She is so cuuuute! Can't wait to see what she
is going to be like grown up!




I like this one! GJ benno!



Fav childhood game!

Ugh Mario, cant believe I lost :/

LOL. That's ben!

Accompanying me as I update



No comments:

Post a Comment